Some Of The Charities We Have Supported
Total support for all charities to date: $1,600,000.
Adult Eyeglass Program
American Cancer Society – Hope Lodge
Boy Scout Troop 157
Boys & Girls Clubs of Lubbock
Children’s Miracle Network
Community Partners of Lubbock
LISD Eyeglasses for Children
Family Outreach Center
Great Plains Lions Eyebank
Habitat for Humanity
Lions Campaign SightFirst I & II
Lubbock Meals on Wheels
Outstanding Youth Scholarships
Ronald McDonald House
Scottish Rite Learning Center
Sick Children’s Clinic
South Plains Food Bank
Texas Boys Ranch
Texas Lions Camp in Kerrville
Women’s Protective Services
YWCA Adaptive Aquatics
Suggest A Charity
Projects we typically support:
- Range up to $10,000.
- Programs and organizations dealing:
1) with “sight” conservation and correction
2) with “hearing” conservation and correction
3) other physical disabilities
- Programs and organizations that support children and families.
- Programs and organizations which have a positive impact on multiple people.
- Grants and requests for specific programs and equipment.
Projects we typically DO NOT support:
- Requests for an individual.
- Funds for day-to-day operational expenses of organizations such as utilities, rent, labor, general and administrative expenses.
- Other organizations’ fundraisers and capital campaigns.
If you are interested in requesting funds to support your non-profit organization, please send your request to:
Projects Committee Chair
#4 Briercroft Office Part Suite 101A
Lubbock, Texas 79412
Typically, the Projects Committee meets every other month to evaluate proposals received. Proposals should include a background of your agency, describe the population you serve, specifics of your request, and how the specific request will help your organization and your clients. Note that we typically will not provide funding for multiple years. Organizations not previously funded by Lubbock Lions Club may be requested to provide documentation of their non-profit status. If you are allocated funds, you will be requested to attend one of our weekly meetings in order to receive the check and provide the membership with a short synopsis of how the funding will be used.